Carrying out moderation actions

Bonjour,

In the context of another community, I came to realize something is missing the Enough Community. There is a Code of Conduct which can be effectively applied but there is no consensus on how a moderation action should be carried out. (when they are not against spam bots :robot:). In a nutshell, I think the moderation should be:

• transparent
  • understandable by anyone
  • forgotten after a few years

To explain my meaning, I created the moderation category and wrote down a detailed description.

This is not a pressing matter because we’ve never had any need for moderation so far. But it’s maybe by planning ahead that we can better avoid behaviors that would be problematic. I also think it plays an important role in attracting more diversity (i.e. welcome persons who are traditionally under represented in tech).

If there is a consensus on the proposed moderation category in the next two weeks, it will be added to the site banner that is displayed when users first login.

Cheers

The moderation category was created. I’m not sure there is a need to display it in the site banner but if someone disagrees, please speak up!