Failure to register payment on Fuga

For the record I tried three times to register a credit card on Fuga (the previous one expired). It consistently shows a message “3D secure failure” although it succeeded:

fail

I send an email to the Fuga support:

Hi,

I would very much like to register a credit card but the web site won’t let me. It insists that 3D secure failed although it succeeded. Here is a screenshot that shows the success part and you will find in your information system the failure that occured today (I tried three or four times).

Cheers

This is in response to a mail received earlier this week:

Dear Fuga Cloud user,

We have sent a number of emails asking you to re-enter your credit card details because we have switched payment providers. Today I see that it is not done yet. Do you experience any problems while doing so?

It is important to know that we want to keep our platform as clean as possible. As a result, we automatically clean up all incomplete registrations. Because you have not re-registered your credit card details, your account is considered incomplete. This means that your account (+ data) is ready to be deleted in 4 days.

Prevent deletion and Take Action NOW!

1. Log in to the platform: https://my.fuga.cloud/
  2. Go to “usage” at the bottom left and choose “billing”
  3. Choose “add payment method”
  4. Enter the details
  5. Set the newly entered credit card to “primary”

Do you get an error message after entering?

Due to the high number of fraudulent registrations, we are forced to do a thorough check when adding a payment method. This is how we keep our platform protected. To make adding a payment method go smoothly, it is good to take the following points into account:

• Turn off your VPN. We would like to know where you really are to make the best estimate of who you are
  • If possible, make sure your payment method is from the same country as your IP. For example: you have a Dutch credit card, make sure your IP is also Dutch
  • When choosing a credit card, make sure you actually use a credit card. No debit card. If you still want this, please contact us via chat or email

If you still get an error message after submitting your payment method, please contact us. There’s no point in trying again. In those circumstances we have to give approval manually.

Are you facing some challenges or do you still have questions?
Then respond to this e-mail or start a chat via Fuga.cloud, I’m happy to help you.

Got a reply:

Hi Loïc ,

Your supplied creditcard is not accepted by our payment provider and triggered our anti-fraud system. You can try again tomorrow for another attempt

I replied:

Hi,

If I remember correctly something similar happened the last time I tried to register a credit card and one had to manually approve it. You might consider fixing this issue once and for all.

Cheers

After two emails I got the following today:

Hi Loïc,

Due to my vacation, I wasn’t able to make sure that your payment method is approved. Paul did his best but there was a little catch at the end. I have approved your payment method so you can add your credit card successfully.

Our apologies for the inconvenience,

This time around it worked.