The https://cloud.manach.net instance is currently installed and managed by me, which is not very resilient. Jean-Marc trusts @fpoulain to help with the maintenance which is great. In the weeks to come I will do the needful to migrate the virtual machine in the Enough.Community infrastructure.
With that in mind, here are the hairy details of the migration procedure:
- schedule a downtime with Jean-Marc
- download a VM backup image from the current OpenStack tenant
- add a playbook modeled after cloud.enough.community which sets
cloud.manach.netas a trusted host and make it a pet because it does not have a separate 3-replica volume that makes it disposable
- manually create the VM in production, from the image and add the ansible infrastructure key
molecule create -s preprodto fixup security groups etc.
- run the playbook which should do nothing significant except create a tor hidden service as a bonus
- ask Jean-Marc to update his DNS with the new IP
- a few days after the migration delete the old VMs