Videoconference at https://jitsi.enough.community/NeatTablesAppearPlayfully
Short reminder about the Code of Conduct
This monthly meeting starts with a 30 minutes presentation about what volunteers and MLA staff did together since the last meeting followed by a 30 minutes free discussion on various topics. Everyone is invited to make a presentation, as long as the topic involves at least one volunteer and exclusively about activities conducted in public and based on publicly available information. This is not a space to discuss the MLA as an organization. Each presentation must be prepared (improvisation does not make for a useful presentation) and associated with URLs where participants will find evidences about the activities.
Setting the date for the next meeting
Any date during the next month is suitable. For instance the July meeting may be on the 20th and the August meeting on the 2nd, as long as at least two person are available to participate.
- Introductions where everyone state their name (or nickname) and why they are attending this meeting
- Welcome new participants
@blsd @loic Call for volunteers (5 minutes)
- call for volunteers (preparation, social media, results)
- next step: approaching media such as Nextinpact? what are they? Posting on mastodon.
- revisiting the call for volunteers to foster diversity
- feedback on how to welcome volunteers is encouraged
- 8 contacts via firstname.lastname@example.org: @kmk and someone else who did not followup (reply within 24h and additional mail a few days later)
- webassoc proposed Hery about a week after Justine left, to continue the work on the CSS/HTML integration but he has not responded in the weeks and the coordination at webassoc has been notified. The request for help is online on their website and they will send a mail when someone steps up.
- three contacts via Je m’engage: fahami connected to the chat and agreed to work on the transition to systemd-resolved but did not followup. Another person proposed help but never replied after that. The third is now among us and will decide if they want to disclose who they are.
- a contract was signed a month ago with a volunteer for a blackbox pentest: actions are taken based on their findings
- about two/three weeks ago a web agency proposed their employees to volunteer for MLA, one to three days of work, unpaid. There is no publicly available information and we are still expecting their feedback. One of them is now among us and will decide if they want to disclose who they are.
- @pilou Peer programming (5 minutes)
@loic implementing technical support (5 minutes)
- technical problems are not reported unless technical support initiates a direct contact to get updates. @blsd is the only exception.
- forum and chat are effective.
- wekan is not used and was removed.
- the individual long term training program works very well but requires in person sessions and was interrupted. It should resume when the pandemic is over
@loic building trust with volunteers (5 minutes)
- Step 1: getting to know Enough and the benefit of infrastructure as code (example with trying to figure out OnlyOffice being blocked)
- Step 2: dialogs with non technical MLA staff & volunteers regarding technical work
- Step 3: access to private but not highly sensitive information.
- Step 4: access to sensitive information (laptops, backups, etc.) @loic late 2019
- the volunteer presents themselves to the board and the technical staff and explain their motivation
- a binding volunteer contract is signed
@loic @Blsd ongoing work on article une porte blindée sur une maison en carton (5 minutes)
- Working on mlalerte articles, how and why?
- The text was almost done and @loic realized he forgot to draw the line between security experts and the rest of the world
- Who needs SecureDrop ?
- What does everybody else need ?
- How to explain the benefit of this separation ?
- Does it make sense to explain this separation in the context of a holistic approach to security, which is the main focus of the article
- Workstation installation during this weekend
- Revisiting the call for volunteers to foster diversity
- Brainstorming on the article une porte blindée sur une maison en carton
- Reconciling horizontality and RGPD
- Comment bien accueillir les bénévoles "techniques" de la MLA?