Quotes for professional services

Hi,

A small non-profit organization with less than five full time employees and less than ten people on staff is looking for professional services to maintain its technical infrastructure. The mission of the non-profit requires handling confidential material and special attention must be taken to ensure the documents and communications are properly secured. The staff needs training on these matters on a regular basis. The Enough blog posts regarding videoconferencing, intermediaries and malwares provide more context on this matter.

The part of the infrastructure for which a quote is requested is as follows:

• Online services based on Enough
    • Level one assistance to users (see this forum category for examples)
    • Maintenance and upgrades
  • GNU/Linux based workstations
    • Level one assistance to users (see this forum category for examples)
    • Acquisition, installation (less than 5 a year)
    • Staff training (less than 5 a year)
  • On premise installation and maintenance
    • Workstations backups
    • Disaster recovery (twice in 2020)
    • Acquisition and installation of printer, WiFi, router, backups

I currently provide a similar service for the benefit of the Maison des Lanceurs d’Alerte on a volunteer basis and I evaluate the time I spend for each topic as follows (±20%):

• Online services: 16h / month
  • GNU/Linux based workstations: 8h / month
  • On premise installation and maintenance: 8h / month

I’m available to discuss the details in private.

Cheers

There was no followup. I sent direct requests to 5 companies / freelance. Let see if that triggers more interest.

Requests were sent today to:

Requests were sent in the past week to:

To be continued

Hello, I’m from Worteks, I answered to @loic, we are not providing level one assistance for users.

2 Likes

For the record I asked today if anyone is interested on irc.freenode.net#frsag the IRC channel of https://frsag.org/

Requests were sent today to members of April as they presumably have Free Software related skills.

I got a very rough cost estimate from https://www.easter-eggs.com/ today. This is just for information based on what they provide for other similar clients (i.e. small non profits). It would be a conflict of interest because the company is my employer, reason why it is only for information. The following is a translation from French:

• Hourly rate is 100€
  • From the description above the monthly rate would be 3,200€ (VAT not included)
  • For online services, if it is possible to automate the upgrades, use or own monitoring services and backups, it should be possible to go below 1,600€ / month. For instance managing a single VM costs around 130€ / month (not including the hardware to host it, in case it is not in the cloud).
  • For workstations and on-site maintenance, we have a support contract that is billed on a per-request basis, based on the time spent addressing it (minimum 15 minutes)

Acoeuro.com proposes itself on close bases from the one exposed here by @loic

Je propose deux options :

Option A

Tarif horaire 90€ H.T.

• Maintenance services en ligne basĂ©s sur Enough + mises Ă  jour + assistance aux utilisateurs. qtĂ© : 16,000 prix unitaire : 90,00 total : 1440,00
  • Maintenance de stations de travail GNU+Linux : assistance aux utilisateurs + formation + aquisitions (5 / ans max) 8,000 90,00 TVA collectĂ©e (vente) 20% 720,00
  • InfogĂ©rance : sauvegarde des machines + rĂ©cupĂ©ration sur incidents + rĂ©seau interne (WiFi, imprimantes, routeur, stockage… 8,000 90,00 TVA collectĂ©e (vente) 20% 720,00

Total 2880 € H.T. par mois

Option B

Considérer qu’il s’agit d’une compétence à ajouter à l’équipe et avancer sur un forfait fixe d’un jour par semaine. On arrive alors à :

• Maintenance informatique logicielle et matĂ©rielle + infogĂ©rance des services basĂ©s sur Enough qtĂ© : 4,000 ; P.U. : 675,00 ; TVA collectĂ©e (vente) 20%

Total 2700 € H.T. / mois (soit 3240 € TTC / mois)

Des devis sur papier Ă  entĂŞte seront disponibles sous peu.

1 Like